Olympus announced new Olympus Pens and lenses in the micro Four-Third format. Three models and four lenses:
- E-P3: the successor of the E-P1 and E-P2. Gain a flash.
- E-PL3: the successor of the E-PL2, with a slimmer design and flip out screen. But it lost the flash. DPReview has a preview.
- E-PM1: an even smaller Pen camera, even more simplified.
All three cameras feature a new UI, a new sensor, a new engine that should solve most of the slowness criticism, better noise management, 1080p video in AVCHD with Dolby Digitalâ„¢ sound, etc. Not much changes in the number of pixels and this is actually good news for the image quality.
- M. Zuiko Digital 12mm f2: a wide angle prime lens.
- M. Zuiko Digital 45mm f1.8: a short telephoto.
- M. Zuiko Digital 14-42 f3.5-5.6 II R: A slight restyling of the second version of the kit zoom.
- M. Zuiko Digital 40-150 II R f4.0-5.6.
All the lenses come as MSC “Movie & Stills Compatible” (ie very smooth and silent autofocus).